Thursday, February 12, 2009

And The Award Goes To....

IT'S AWARD DAY HERE ON SLEEPY'S BLOG!!Hey everyone....So, I have been reading a lot of blogs lately. I have found myself drawn into many of them. Of course I have my favorites just like everyone else, but I have decided to do something about it. lol I want to show my appreciation for my fellow blogger's and give them an award from little 'ol me. It may not mean much to you, but your blog means something to me. Basically, you make my day just a bit more enjoyable.

Now I am the only judge here, but it doesn't make my award any less important then anyone else's. :-) I made all of these myself. I may have borrowed an idea for one or two of them, but I had to put special touch on them. If you are one of my winners feel free to display or post the award on your blog. Instead of presenting you with a trophy....since it is from me, I put my award on little pillows with cherries on them. Hope you like them!






Needsleepy's Blogger Appreciation Awards!!




This one goes to Vodka Mom over @ I Need a Martini Mom. If you have not read her blog you need to; OMG she is so creative in her posts and always has me laughing! Thank you for the great stories and letting me share them with you.


This one I HAVE to give to Super Mom over @ Breed 'em and Weep. Whether she is having a shitty day or a fabulous day...her stories just draw you in. I read her posts everyday! I love following stories with her hilarious children and of course her special man in her life. Sometimes she just writes about weird and off the wall stuff that comes out of nowhere, it's GREAT! Again, if you have not taken the time to read this one....you should! Thanks for keeping my day entertaining....always!



This one goes to Maki over @ w/ Love, Sincerely - Posh Mom's Diary. Without fail Maki has got to be one of the best bloggers to keep up on her comments. She takes the time to respond to comments made on her blog as well as leaving comments on all those blogs that she reads. Many of us tend to "put this off til later." I know I am guilty!! For the record, I read blogs all the time....I just don't always comment.....it doesn't mean I do not love you!! Thanks for showing the love hun!


I am awarding this one to Dawn over @ Organized chaos. I like the fact that she changes things up and you never know what the post topic will be from one day to the next. I have only been following her for a short time now, but she has already got me hooked! /blows kiss



This blog is going out to Ellabee over @ A Pint of Dreams if you read her blog you will quickly find out that she is Supergirl! lol As I read her blog I am finding we have a lot of similarities. Which of course, in my opinion, is a good thing! Love the blog!



This award goes to Brooke over @ Yada, Yada, Yada..... I love reading about her and Dirk! I sit and read her blog saying to myself "OMG that is like me and Adam!" lol She depicts the fun and not-so-fun moments in marriage perfectly. She has some great stories about married life, and because I can relate to it SO much I think you might need more than one beer. (It helps lol) Thank you for letting me tag along.





This award goes to Momma Young over @ Momma Young's @ Home. Her blog is passionate, helpful, and informative on many subjects...from cooking recipes, shopping tips, and now supporting "Living Green." Her kindness oozes from comments she makes and the posts she writes. A very pleasant read!





This Award goes to Kendrasue over @ Life in the slow lane. She is one of the Blogger's I read and she usually has a brand new, fresh post everyday. She always writes from the heart and is not afraid to write any topic bouncing around in her head. I love people with no fear like that. Keep it up hun!


Well, there they are! I have more, but I want to save those for another time. I hope you all accept these awards and do not think it is too stupid LOL. Since they are made by me..no one else will have one like it! See....they are special....



--------------------------------------
NOW...I was given an award from Supermom over @ Breed 'em and Weep. She gave me the Fabulous Fucking Blog Award. Thank you sweetie for thinking of me!! So, now I have to share 10 facts about myself, and provide a meaningful quotation. Finally, I have to list 5 people who I believe deserve this award. Wow, another list about ME. If I get too many more of these I will not have any secrets left!




My Facts:

1. EVERY time I spell the word Awesome, I silently recite the Cheer from the football games. A-W-E-S-O-M-E Awesoooome are WE! LOL Don't ask me why.....just a habit.


2. I Do not mind pulling my underware out of my crack in public.


3. I cannot poop in a public restroom. I will hold it until I can get home....if I can. If Not, I will wait for the WHOLE bathroom to clear out and then flush serval times while "dropping the kids off."


4. I go to movies really early so I can get a great seat and watch the previews. I love previews!


5. I sling beers twice a year in the King Of Beers Tavern at the Renaissance Faire. I dress up in costum and everything. It is a blast!


6. I do not sing in the shower.


7. I chew my nails when I read or watch a scary movie.


8. I love the discount/store brand soda that is the knock-off of Dr.Pepper. It is called Dr. Thunder and it rocks.

9. I love taking pictures and having pictures, but I HATE organizing them. I have a ton of pictures in boxes. I do not think I have one photo album that is full.


10. I have a horrible gag reflex! You would think it would be stronger....but in truth it is not. I even gag when I brush my teeth. I can't even hack up a hocker or see someone else do it. It totally grosses me out and I gag...which is very unfortunate during cold/flu season.


Meaningful Quote:

"Let us live so when we come to die...even the undertaker will be sorry." Mark Twain


My Five:

Tia @ Clever Girl Goes Blog


Holly @ In My Overactive Head


Sarah @ Dance Shoes and Combat Boots


Oleander @ Purge


Lipsmacker @ Lipstick Diaries




Anyway, love you guys and keep on blogging!


7 comments:

Anjanette Young said...

Oh My Gosh, I am so honored. Thank you so much!

{{{hugs}}}

Ms. Salti said...

You are so cute. Congrats to all of your winners!

Sarah said...

Thanks for my tag! I look forward to reading your blog:)

Maki said...

Aw Sweetie!! Thank you soooo much - you really made my day!!
You're soooo kind and have always been nice to me.. I love you!!!! I'll post it this week - I'm serious!

ps. i love your facts - some stuff crack me up & i'm with you on the public bathroom..

Have a fabulous Valentine's Day!

xoxo

Ellabee said...

Thank you Oh-So-Much, darling! I really appreciate it! I need to get back on my A-game and update more, but work has been uber busy lately, and I need some sunshine to regenerate. It was 69 degrees on Wednesday and I wore a dress and sandals. I love living in the South!

WalkingInADream said...

I have to say I enjoyed reading your facts... I do agree on the pictures... HINT HINT maybe you need to organize just one. Like A FAMILY Group shot would be good.

As far as the gag reflex...I think you got that from me.

Brooke said...

Thanks so much for thinking of me! I new to the whole blog thing. It's super cool to win an award : )

How did you make that list down the side of awards?? I mean I would love to display such an honor!